What do you call the part of the sewing machine that holds the thread?
Bobbin: holds the thread inside the machine.
What is the most important part of the sewing machine?
Needles. Again, the most important part of the sewing machine.
What moves the fabric while sewing?
Bobbin winder tension- provides tension on the thread when the bobbin winds. Feed dog– moves the fabric along as you sew.
What machine makes sewing faster and easier?
In addition to sewing faster, the serger makes a stronger seam than conventional sewing machines. Its system of needles and loopers forms a network of interlocking stitches that extend over the edge of the seam, which is why the serger is sometimes called an overlock machine.
What are the three parts of the sewing machine under the bed?
Terms in this set (6)
- Feed dog. moves the fabric while sewing.
- throat plate. is the windows of the feed dog and it is where the bobbin threads came out.
- slide plate. is a movable plate that covers the shuttle and bobbin case.
- shuttle. holds the bobbin case while sewing.
- Bobbin. is a metal spool for winding thread.
- Bobbin case.