What paper can I use for decoupage?
What Kind of Paper Can Be Used For Decoupage? You can use pretty much any kind of paper, that you want. You can use Magazine Paper, Newspaper, Wrapping paper, Wallpaper, Paper Napkins, playing cards, crafting paper and even fabric.
Can I decoupage with newspaper?
Decoupaging with newspaper is easy and fun. … You can decoupage almost any surface with newspaper including wood, plastic, ceramics, soaps, and even candles. Arrange images and newsprint in an orderly fashion, or overlapping in a random design.
Can you decoupage with magazine pictures?
Any kind of thin, flexible paper is appropriate for decoupage, allowing you to mix other images with your magazine pictures if you like. You can even get creative with lettering and make the top of your table look like a ransom note or spell out a favorite quote.
Can you use a poster for decoupage?
Lay the poster flat on the canvas, making it fit as accurately as possible. You’ll be unable to move the poster once it’s stuck to the decoupage medium. If you’re using fabric to cover the edges, wrap the fabric first, leaving a 1/2 inch-overlap all the way around the front of the canvas.
How do you Modge podge calendar pages?
- Remove desired pages from calendar.
- Trim edges to fit canvas as desired. …
- Paint canvas with acrylic paint, if desired. …
- Once paint is dry, spread an even layer of Mod Podge over canvas.
- Carefully apply calendar page, smoothing out any bubbles, and let dry.
Do you need special paper for decoupage?
You can use almost any paper or light fabric material to cover your surface. Wrapping or origami papers are great because they’re decorative and a good weight. Other types of material for decoupage include: Wallpaper.
How do you seal a newspaper?
Sealing the Paper
- Lay the paper on a plastic surface.
- Begin with just one side of the paper. …
- If using a spray-on sealer, use a long and steady vertical movement to apply several coats to the paper. …
- If using a brush-on sealer, pour a small amount into another container for easy access.
How do you Modge podge newspaper to canvas?
Brush the back of one newspaper cutout with a small amount of decoupage glue and stick it into place on the glued portion of the canvas. Lay the piece carefully to reduce wrinkles and push out any wrinkles from the center to the edge of the paper. Continue with additional cutouts until the glued canvas is covered.