How much fabric do I need to make a pillowcase?
A finished standard pillowcase should measure about 22.5 inches by 31.5 inches, allowing for fill depth, seaming and an approximate 4-inch hem. One yard of 45-inch-wide fabric should be enough to make one standard case, if the material is preshrunk.
What are the five steps of drafting a pattern for pillowcase?
How to Make a Simple Pillow Case
- Step 1: Make a “Pattern” Using a pillowcase you already have, measure the rectangle to find how big you need to make yours. …
- Step 2: Cut Fabric. …
- Step 3: Pin the Fabric. …
- Step 4: Sew. …
- Step 5: Make the Opening Hem. …
- Step 6: Pin the Panels Together. …
- Step 7: Sew Around the Panels. …
- Step 8: Done.
What is the first step to do before sewing a pillowcase?
Sew a pillowcase in 7 easy steps
- What you’ll need: …
- Wash, dry and iron your fabric before measuring and cutting the fabric.
- Fold the fabrics in half to easily cut the rectangles.
- Fold the cuff in half, lengthwise and iron down the fold.
How do you keep a pillow in a pillowcase?
Grab the top of the pillowcase just above the seam. Tuck the top of the pillowcase in on itself, like folding a letter into an envelope. Fold the bottom seam into the top seam, creating a snug fit around the end of the pillow.
How much bigger should a pillowcase be than the pillow?
Opt for a pillowcase measuring 1/2 to 1 inch longer than the pillow length and 2 1/2 to 4 inches wider than the pillow width, if you’re buying a ready-made pillowcase.
What is the correct step in drafting a pattern?
To create a simple pattern, a pattern maker would have to follow five essential steps: gathering their material, taking proper measurements, adding styles and designs, grading their design, then draping it to result in the final garment.
How many yards is a king size pillowcase?
Sizing Up Fabric Needs for Pillow Covers
|Type of Pillow||Dimensions (Length by Width)||Amount of Fabric Needed for 1 Pillow Cover (Using 54-inch Wide Fabric with No Pattern Matching)|
|King-size bed pillow||20 x 36 inches||1-1/4 yards|
|Square pillow forms||12 x 12 inches||1/3 yard|
|14 x 14 inches||1/2 yard|
|16 x 16 inches||1/2 yard|