How do I stop bobbin thread showing?
To adjust the bobbin case, turn the tension screw in no more than 1/4 of a turn using the guideline “righty tighty, lefty loosey.” If the bobbin thread is showing on top, you’ll want it tighter. The only way to know if you adjusted correctly is to test sew. Adjusting a drop-in bobbin case.
How do you reset a bobbin?
1. To reset the bobbin thread
- Press (Presser foot/Needle exchange key) on the operation panel. …
- Remove the embroidery frame under the presser foot while raising the presser foot lever even further. …
- Cut the thread that is not sewn. …
- Remove the bobbin once from the bobbin case, and then, reset the bobbin thread correctly.
Why is my bottom thread bunching up?
A: Looping on the underside, or back of the fabric, means the top tension is too loose compared to the bobbin tension, so the bobbin thread is pulling too much top thread underneath. By tightening the top tension, the loops will stop, but the added tension may cause breakage, especially with sensitive threads.
Can you use bobbin thread as top thread?
A. No. The bobbin thread can be a lighter weight than the top thread and still provide sufficient strength without adding bulk. Using a cotton top thread with a poly bobbin thread is fine.
Can I use embroidery thread in my bobbin?
Just buy a simple white bobbin thread designed for an embroidery machine either in pre wound bobbins or in a big spool and you are good to go! One of the benefits of the bobbin thread being so thin is that it lasts a long time. You can wind a lot of bobbin thread on one bobbin – much more so than with regular thread.