What is best way to cast on in knitting?
How to work a knit cast on
- Create a slip knot. …
- Insert needle into the slip knot. …
- Bring the working yarn around the right needle tip. …
- Bring right needle under the left and through to the front.
- Bring the yarn under the right hand needle to create a loop (stitch).
- Transfer the stitch to left needle.
What is the best cast on for knitting a hat?
The alternating cable cast on is also quite stretchy, making it nicely suited for ribbing. In fact, I sometimes refer to it as my “ribbing cast on”! While this cast on is more advanced than a long tail cast on, it’s a great technique to use for hats, mittens, socks and sweater sleeves.