What is SM and PM in knitting?
Patterns often call for stitch markers with the abbreviations “pm” (place marker) and “sm” (slip marker). … While knitting, the stitch marker sits on the needle between active stitches.
What is the difference between place marker and slip marker in knitting?
What is the difference between slip marker and place marker? The difference is that you first place the marker, where the pattern tells you to do so. When you come to that marker next time, you do what the pattern tells you, and then slip that marker.
What does BOR mean in knitting?
BOR – beginning of round. BM – before marker. CC – contrasting color. CDD – centered double decrease: slip 2 stitches as if to knit 2 together, knit 1, pass 2 slipped stitches over [2 stitches decreased] CO – cast on.
What are Cabone rings used for in knitting?
Cabone Rings are ideal for knitting, crochet, stitching buttons or in apparel and jewelry projects. You can also sew these transparent rings onto tie backs for hanging curtains, drapes, Roman shades and more.
Which stitch markers are best?
10 of The Best Stitch Markers
- 1) Besmelyin 240 Pieces Knitting Stitch Marker.
- 2) ChiaoGoo Stitch Markers.
- 3) HiMo Mix Color Knitting Stitch Counter Crochet Locking Stitch Markers.
- 4) Yarnladies Mix Black and White Color Knitting Stitch Counters.
- 5) HiMo 100 PCS Colorful Knitting Stitch Rings.
- 8) Cat Kitten Stitch Markers.