What is a ring stitch markers?
Stitch markers are small rings, plastic, metal or otherwise (hair tie, anyone?), that you place between stitches to mark an important part in your knitting pattern. There are two main types: locking and ring. As the names imply, the locking ones open and close with a latch while the rings are a solid circle.
What is a Cable needle?
Cable needles are designed to help you add twists into a pattern by crossing a group of stitches over one another. … Choose from double pointed needles in a variety of sizes to suit your needs and preferences.
Which stitch markers are best?
10 of The Best Stitch Markers
- 1) Besmelyin 240 Pieces Knitting Stitch Marker.
- 2) ChiaoGoo Stitch Markers.
- 3) HiMo Mix Color Knitting Stitch Counter Crochet Locking Stitch Markers.
- 4) Yarnladies Mix Black and White Color Knitting Stitch Counters.
- 5) HiMo 100 PCS Colorful Knitting Stitch Rings.
- 8) Cat Kitten Stitch Markers.
What is a sm stitch in knitting?
September 1, 2010. The term sm in knitting instructions means slip marker. Slip marker assists you by not having to count stitches. You can use your ring or safety pin and when you come to it just slip on to the other needle.
What does SM slip marker mean in knitting?
This brings us to the knitting term “sm”, which is the abbreviation for slip marker. … Knit to the marker, slip marker, make one (increase), knit to next marker, make one (increase), slip marker, then knit across to end.