How do you get fuzz off a wool blanket?
If your beloved wool sweater or woollen blanket does have some bobbling and needs perking up, here are some tips on getting rid of pilling:
- Use a fabric comb or electric fabric shaver to carefully remove the bobbles.
- Using a sharp standard razor, hold the garment taut and gently shave off the pills.
Why do my blankets get fuzz balls?
Lint balls, also known as pilling, can build up over time as the fuzzy fibers become tangled or as a result from friction with other fabrics.
Can knitted blankets be washed?
Knitted and crocheted blankets often need to be washed by hand. Washing a knitted or crocheted blanket is sometimes a simple matter of tossing it in the washing machine and then allowing it to air dry. Other times, you need to hand wash the item.
How do I stop my wool sweater from Pilling?
How to prevent pilling when wearing wool
- Turn your wool clothes inside-out before washing.
- Avoid using a fabric softener.
- Try to minimise abrasion when wearing wool clothing.
How do I stop my blankets from Pilling?
To prevent even further pilling after the blanket has dried, you can use an electric shaver to remove any weak fibers resulting in lint being scattered. Alternately, you can rub it gently with a pumice stone. If your blanket is made of polyester, you can get some spray starch and apply it liberally.