What is the best way to store crocheted afghans?
What a terrific idea! First be sure the afghan has been cleaned. Do not store it in a plastic bag because moisture can accumulate inside, causing spotting or mildewing. It is much better to wrap it in acid-free white tissue paper or 100 percent cotton muslin for protection.
How do you store a crocheted baby blanket?
Once your item is washed and completely dry, you are ready to fold it and tuck them safely away. Some of the best storage options are air tight tubs or even giant Ziplock bags.
How do you care for crochet items?
Hand washing your crocheted items is the safest bet, unless the yarn specifically states “dry clean only.” Never hang a crocheted piece to dry (it will stretch out of shape beyond recognition), and keep items out of the sun, which can cause fading.
How do you store lots of yarn?
Here are some tips:
- Do not store yarn in plastic bags. …
- Store all yarn in a climate controlled environment, not in a damp basement or hot attic.
- Store yarn in an extra closet (hanging shoe holders work great for this) or in plastic tubs out of direct sunlight.
- Do not store yarn in baskets on rugs.
How do you store a knitted blanket?
Storing Hand-Knit Clothes and Blankets
Store hand-knit items folded and flat on a shelf or in a garment box to keep them free from dust. Avoid hanging up hand-knitted items, such as sweaters, as it will cause them to lose their shape.
Does crochet shrink when washed?
Crocheted items usually curl or shrink when washed with hot water or machine-dried in high heat.
Where can I sell my crochet?
Where to Sell Your Knitting or Crochet Patterns
- Ravelry. If you’ve decided that you’d like to focus on selling your patterns rather than your finished items, Ravelry is the place to be. …
- Craftsy. Similar to Ravelry, knitting and crochet designers can post their patterns for sale on Craftsy.